Table of Contents
IIT Madras has invited applications from women with a good academic record for a fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science
IIT Madras is yet again accepting applications for its Post Baccalaureate Fellowship program for which only women with an exceptional academic record can apply. The fellowship is being offered by Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), which is a centre of IIT Madras known for research in artificial intelligence and data science. The Centre has the largest network analytics, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
Speaking about the unique experience this Fellowship will provide, Prof B Ravindran, Head, RBCDSAI, said: ”The Post Baccalaureate fellows are expected to undertake independent research under the mentorship of a Faculty member at RBCDSAl. They can work with various research teams, and establish collaborations with the numerous visitors and affiliates of the Centre.” Those selected will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 40,000.
Who Can Apply for IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Fellowship
The fellowship opportunity is open to candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have a 4 year bachelors or a masters degree in areas relevant to RBCDSAI.
- The candidate should be under 28 years of age as on 31 March 2022.
- Candidates can apply for a Phd during the fellowship. However, if the fellow decides to quit before the completion of the tenure, 1 month prior notice is required.
Benefits of Doing the IIT Madras Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence
Women who get selected for the IIT Madras two-year research fellowship in artificial intelligence can expect the following benefits:.
- The centre claims to have the largest network analytics, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
- The fellowship is with a gift from Google Research.
- The fellows at the Centre publish in top journals and conferences.
- Participants will get an opportunity to attend talks and interact with top scientists from around the world.
- The selected fellows work with a wide network of people, within and outside the campus. These collaborations help the fellows in advancing their career in the industry or in academia.
- Each fellow is provided with health insurance as well as library privileges inside IIT Madras.
- The fellows will additionally get support to attend Women in Tech events like ACM-W, and Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Selected fellows will receive an opportunity to be paired with a woman mentor from academia or industry as desired by the fellow.
- Those selected will be entitled to a maternity leave as allowed by rules.
- Exercising responsible artificial intelligence practices is one of the crucial skills taught here which prepares the candidate for their success post-fellowship.
Important Details of the IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Fellowship
Candidates need to know the following important details regarding the fellowship and submission of applications:
Interested candidates need to submit their applications on the official website before 30 June 2022.
- Details like educational qualifications and the latest resume of applicants will have to be uploaded.
- While applying, the candidates are required to provide a choice of three faculty members from RBCDSAI with whom they wish to work with.
- Based on the candidate’s performance during their work period, the faculty may provide a letter of reference.
- The candidate is expected to accept the offer immediately, and provide a joining date within 6 weeks from the date of receiving the offer letter.