SAN DIEGO, Oct. 28, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — New findings from Rio SEO, the leading local marketing platform provider for enterprise brands, agencies and retailers, reveal a bounce back from pandemic local search behavior with a significant recovery in online listing traffic and engagement when comparing year-over-year metrics.
By analyzing the performance of more than 200,000 Google My Business listings from September 2020 compared to September 2021, Rio SEO uncovered the following national consumer search behavior trends across business services, financial services, sit-down restaurants, quick service restaurants, hotel, retail, healthcare and multi-family:
- 62% average increase in total listing views
- 102% average increase in total searches
- 30% average increase in clicks for directions
Financial services saw the least amount of growth compared to other industries, with year-over-year declines in conversions, including:
- 5% decrease in total clicks
- 17% decrease in call conversions
- 18% decrease in website conversions
Conversely, the hotel industry saw the largest increases, including:
- 99% increase in total views
- 29% increase in total searches
- 50% increase in total clicks
- 19% increase in call conversions
- 42% increase in website conversions
- 64% increase in clicks for directions
“Search behaviors are strong predictors of consumer purchasing habits, and as coronavirus numbers are dropping, we’re seeing macro trends emerging in travel and hospitality,” said Mick Wilson, Vice President of Customer Success with Rio SEO. “By understanding what people are doing, and predicting why they’re doing it, we can better help local marketers compare their own metrics and benchmark against these figures, especially with an onset of eased restrictions and pre-pandemic behaviors returning.”
While September 2021 listing traffic and conversions were up year-over-year, they took a major dip compared to last month. Across the board, all business verticals experienced a decrease in listing traffic and conversion rates from August 2021, with a handful hitting harder in key areas:
- Apartment and multi-family complexes saw a 14% decrease in website conversions.
- Business services had a 13% decrease in website conversions.
- Healthcare experienced an 8% decrease in call conversions.
- Hotels had a 15% decrease in listing views and a 14% decrease in total searches.
- Quick service restaurants saw a 13% decrease in website conversions.
The one nuance to these trends is retail businesses saw a slight increase in total views and searches month-over-month.
To learn more about your industry’s search behaviors and how your organization’s local SEO performance stacks up, request a free audit at Go.RioSEO.com/Free-Local-Audit.
About Rio SEO
Rio SEO is the leading local marketing platform for enterprise brands, agencies and retailers. Rio SEO’s Open Local Platform provides multi-location organizations with a comprehensive, seamlessly integrated suite of turnkey local marketing solutions and reputation management tools – Local Listings, Local Pages, Local Reviews, Local Ratings, Local Reporting and Local Manager – proved to increase brand visibility across search engines, social networks, maps applications and more.
Founded in 2006, Rio SEO ranks among the largest global providers of local search automation solutions and patented SEO reporting tools, driving business from search to sale for corporate brands worldwide. Over 150 enterprise brands and retailers rely on the innovative technology and Rio SEO’s local marketing expertise to drive motivated, measurable online traffic to their local websites and into physical stores. Rio SEO currently serves Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries, including retail, finance, insurance, hospitality and more. For more information, visit rioseo.com or follow @rio_SEO on Twitter.
SOURCE Rio SEO