If you have your own business, then you probably already know about the importance of a strong online presence. Having a loyal customer base is not enough anymore. Business owners have to constantly expand their reach, create new strategies, and promote their services as much as they can. This is where the importance of an SEO audit comes into play.
Simply having a functioning website is not a guarantee of your success. There are a lot of aspects that you need to consider when developing your marketing strategy.
For example, it’s a well-known fact that search engine optimization is among the most effective approaches to growing your brand awareness.
A lot of companies still stick to outdated practices that don’t work anymore in a fast-paced business environment. For this reason, you need to use technical SEO audit services from time to time. Expert companies that provide SEO audit services can help you reach your target audience, promote your business, and find the weak spots in your marketing strategy.
Still not convinced that your business needs the help expand their reach of a technical SEO agency? Here’s a comprehensive guide about this type of service, its advantages for your website, and some fundamental info about how this works.
What is an SEO audit?
Let’s start with the basics. In simple terms, a search engine optimization audit is the procedure of checking the effectiveness of your marketing strategies. The SEO company comes in and performs an evaluation of your online presence, brand awareness, and usage of best practices. Usually, this is the first step in a more comprehensive marketing strategy.
There are some goals to this procedure. First of all, this inspection is intended to reveal some of the problematic issues with your marketing process. Search engine optimization is the foundation for any website integration, so if something doesn’t work here, you can forget about developing your online presence.
Here are just a few things that SEO website audit services can uncover after careful examination:
- problems with technical search engine optimization;
- possible off-site and on-page issues;
- insights into user experience;
- issues with website architecture;
- some missed points in your content; and
- incompatibility with the current market situation.
How can you check your SEO by yourself?
Sure, it might be easier to solve these issues by yourself. There are online services that can perform a quick check and give out a basic report for you.
But can you really trust the reliability of any free Internet service? It’s always better to hire a professional company that will not only perform a comprehensive analysis but also give out solutions and produce results.
What’s included in an SEO audit?
By now, you can see that this process is complex. Let’s take a closer look at all features of the search optimization review.
First of all, this procedure needs to be comprehensive. There is no point in hiring SEO technical audit services if the company will do only half the job. For this reason, make sure that the agency explores structural and content components.
With a thorough examination, you can be sure that any issues with your SEO visibility will be noted and eliminated. You will see the big picture from the company reports, as well as small problems that can be fixed immediately.
In general, there are three stages of this type of audit:
- on-page SEO;
- off-page SEO; and
- technical SEO.
Each of these sections includes its own components that need to be explored. Let’s take a closer look at them.
1. On-Page Search Engine Optimization
You probably already know this, but it’s worth repeating one more time. On-page SEO means all the elements of a marketing strategy on your website that you can control.
Basically, when you optimize your content, it has a positive impact on your SERP rankings. As a result, your website is listed higher on a Google search with relevant keywords. A good quality SEO audit explores all aspects of this type of website promotion.
Here are the most important features of on-page optimization, which are all picked up by search engine algorithms.
- Keyword Research: Most of the traffic is generated by keyword Google search. When your website is on top of search results, users will visit your page more! So, an audit should determine the effectiveness of your existing keyword strategy.
- Keyword Usage: Here, expert specialists can tell you if those words are appropriate for your business. Sometimes, clients can look for something specific, but they don’t find any relevant content at all.
- Internal Links: This is an important part of SEO boost for your business. When you update your old content or put out something new, you always need to add links to other pages of your website. This will generate more internal traffic and boost your rankings.
- Titles and URLs: These are crucial parts of the on-page search engine optimization strategy. These components are very detectable, so they have a huge effect on the ranking of your website. An expert company will make sure that all of your URLs and titles are unique.
- Images and Other Visual Content: Some might think that images and their titles are not picked up by search engines, but this is wrong. Every piece of content on your webpage needs to be properly marked, so people can find them with a simple Google request.
2. Off-Page Search Engine Optimization
In this part of an audit, an outside agency will explore how your website fits into a wider link-building system.
In other words, you need to engage with other websites and companies to promote each other. So, here are three components of off-page SEO. Make sure they are all checked during your audit.
- Backlinks (External): This is a very smart strategy of using other popular sites to feature your URL. This way, you will get more outside traffic.
- Shares and Other Engagement on Social Media: Your content should be so engaging that people would want to share it! This is a huge part of a modern advertising campaign. An audit can help you determine if your content is good enough for such feedback.
- Branded Searches: In simple words, this is a query where users look specifically for the name of your company. This is the final stage of brand recognition, and you can achieve it with a comprehensive SEO approach.
3. Technical Search Engine Optimization
This is the stage where an audit agency will work closely with the IT department.
It takes a lot of effort to conduct an examination of all the mechanics behind your website. So, here are the most significant points that technical SEO services need to explore.
- Loading Speed: This is actually very important to a modern user. Most of the customers won’t wait more than a couple of seconds, so if your website isn’t loading, they will find a new place to go.
- Mobile Version: Research shows that most people search from mobile devices. It is a must to have a mobile-friendly website that will allow visitors to see relevant content properly and make orders without any effort.
- Security: Hacks and/or data leaks are extremely bad for business! This component plays a huge role in the search engine optimization ranking. Customers are more likely to make a purchase from a trustworthy site on top of their Google queries.
So, by now you can see why hiring a professional SEO audit agency is a must in a competitive business environment. This practice can save you a lot of money and time when it comes to website optimization. Make sure to hire the best company that offers SEO writing services on the market.